About Out of Office
Out of Office will solve the challenges that exist when you plan travel. Consumers want recommendations from their friends and family, but there is no good way to aggregate the information and act on those recommendations. Out Of Office is a travel platform centered around a curated inner circle of your choosing. We plan to revolutionize what it means to explore, plan and book travel through a hyper personalized lens. We are taking a content first approach to building a brand that consumers want to engage with as they plan their next vacation.
About this Role
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to expand our AI/ML systems, and set the tone for how we work with data at scale at OOO. You’ll be an early team member working directly with the founders to not only draw unique insights, but also help shape our data strategy. We’re firm believers in strong opinions loosely held, and want to hear what you have to say. Work with real data, at a company with a real need for data science, vs data science for buzzwords’ sake.
- Take our models to the next level. We have a lot of data and we’ll need your ML chops to help draw insights from it
- Help improve our ML Ops workflow, and the systems we need to put in place
- Design and test new models based on user feedback
- Help recruit and train team members
- Several years' real-world experience with data science/ML/AI. You've trained and shipped models, sure. But you've also collaborated with stakeholders and product managers. And you know how to map business challenges to data-related solutions.
- An experimental mindset. We try a lot of things to see what works best, which can mean lots of tiny experiments
- Knowledge of recommendation systems
- Knowledge of graph data analysis
- python skills are a must
- popular data science/data engineering packages: pandas, scikit-learn, etc.
- networkX, Neo4J or similar tool for graph/network analysis
- NLP experience a plus
Why You’ll Love Out Of Office
- Our rewards package includes, competitive compensation, health benefits, generous PTO, and equity.
- Out Of Office believes strongly in building a diverse and dynamic organization that respects and honors each of our team members and their individuality. We celebrate diversity at every level. All are welcome.
- We value that our team has the opportunity to experience the world via travel and offer a travel stipend for our team members.